Saturday, November 15, 2008

Postcard Swap



I have been trying out different group swaps. At this moment I am waiting on a handmade paper swap, a recipe book swap and working on a postcard swap due next week. The theme for the postcards is open but the colors must be silver and blue. I have done 4 of them and working on the last one that I will post soon. Here are the completed four.



I have done these postcards using pages from an old mailing stamp catalog that I bought at the Good Will. There are christmas stamps used in 1964. I painted the pages with glaze mixed with silver metallic acrylic paint; it is a little hard to see on the picture but it gives a nice shimmer to the pages. Then, I stamped the pages resembling a postcard and mounted on a silver postcard. I used the heat gun to give the postcard an aged look. These postcards will be on their way next week.



No comments: